Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring!!!!!

Well Spring has sprung around the old farmette.  I so love this time of year (though you will NEVER hear me complain about winter cause I'm not a fan of 85 degree weather-a year round 65 might be nice but I digress).  My tulips make the driveway look like little Holland!  And there is nothing better than laundry on the line.

The year has gone by so fast....Hannah just had her last lead, in her last musical, of her high school career....unbelievable.  I found myself teary of course, wishing my folks could see her perform, welling with pride for the incredible job she and the others did.  It was quite an ensemble piece and she was so happy to be a part of that ensemble-not prideful and wishing for more stage time-I'm really so proud of her.

And she's driving.  Really- you might as well rip out my heart and send it careening down the highway. Enough said.

And this week there's prom and then the last pops concert and then quilt presentation at church and honors night and baccalaureate .... whew!  Break out the tissues!

And another sad fact....I am now the shortest person in my house.  And Ethan has hairy legs and a mini mustache.  Really.  And both boys are busy and playing beautiful things on the piano but I don't know how long that will last and I think Hannah has Wil convinced to audition for choir.  Joy.  Rapture.

And I'm not thinking about August when Hannah leaves for Grand Valley where she will be wildly successful and come home only to do her laundry which is how it should be.  But maybe she'll remember her little, old mama singing in the kitchen now and then.....


No comments:

Post a Comment