Friday, August 16, 2013

3 days.....

I can remember, just a little over 18 years ago, tying up tomato plants in my garden in mid July and my water broke.  A day and a half later I was holding a beautiful baby girl and I was overjoyed.  Now in a few short days, I will pack that girlie up, drive her 2 hours to Grand Valley, unpack her, kiss her, give her some bit of encouraging wisdom and leave my heart in Allendale.  Where did the time go?  Were we strict enough?  Too strict?  Did I lecture too much?  Not enough?  Did we set a good example?  Will she remember all we taught her?   I am sad/happy/excited/sorrowful/elated/proud.  I feel as if my heart is ready to leap out of my chest sometimes.....I guess it is.  it will live in Allendale now and it will love and laugh and grow and spread its wings and fly.  And that is how it should be I guess.  But I hope she will smile when she remembers her mamma dancing in the kitchen......

No comments:

Post a Comment