Friday, August 16, 2013

Winding down.....

So.... just returned from 10 blissful days at Arsenic city where I didn't do a lot....no visitors to tour guide around this year.  I always love visitors but this was very relaxing, not having any "host" obligations.  I think my soul needed it.  Until Jim and Hannah arrived a full week later, it was just the dogs and myself sleeping in the cabin-Tyler and Kimmie were in the Sugar Shack, the 4 boys in the tent.  The nights were dark, the mornings cool and dewy.  Didn't get my requisite days on the beach with my ass in a chair but managed to get thru 4 books-including a tearjerker that had every boy/man in the cabin rolling their eyes as I sobbed-I'm talking Terms of Endearment sobbing.  Played endless board games.  Worked on my Mandolin and listened to the boys play guitar and Tyler play banjo.  It is wonderful to be home but I almost cried when I left.......And now we are staring right into the oncoming headlights of college....one week away from drop off.  The summer has flown by and as I watch my girl continue to blossom I am just so proud I could burst.  She is working and her employer loves her.  She continues to mature and grow into such a lovely young lady.  I hope and pray that her college experience is as wonderful as mine was.  I hope she makes friends with wonderful people that she will continue to love and count on 30 years later (Christine & Rick, David....).  I hope she isn't too homesick, only enough to realize how important those folks she left behind are.

No comments:

Post a Comment